AnC Precision often takes on engineering projects that are customer driven. We provide our 20 years of experience and engineering to help the customer realize their goal. Kevin Cain of Freel Snow came to us with a radical new snowboard binding ratchet design.
AnC Engineering works with the customer
- The first meeting is to understand the customer’s requirements, needs and features that would be desired.
- Work with customer to come up with a possible design through sketching and simple mock-ups.
- With a basic concept and idea it moves into engineering
Engineering working on design
- A 3D CAD model is created, and features are defined as the concept begins to take shape.
- •The 3D model is then reviewed with the customer and any required changes are made.
- Once the 3D model is completed and is approved by the customer, engineering drawings are generated.
- At this point completed engineering drawings can be released to AnC’s production floor.
Prototype being manufactured
- The prototype part is machined using multi-axis CNC machines.
- Parts are checked dimensionally to ensure that tolerances are being met.
- AnC assembles the prototype to check for functionality.
- Completed prototype to be reviewed by customer and tested for operation.
- Additional changes are easily incorporated into future prototypes.
- The design can be refined to realize ease of manufacturing and lower costs in mass production.
This is what Kevin has to say about AnC’s engineering and prototype capabilities:
ANC Engineering was recommended to me by a friend in the area who had heard about their work. I had an idea that I wanted to work on and bring to market, but needed to find a company with the expertise to get a working prototype made. After the first meeting, I knew they could do the job. They worked with me closely to figure out what I wanted to make, and step by step I was able to go from idea, to computer model, to prototype. Field testing proved they made my idea come to life.